Re: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale on foreign distro

From: Josh Holland
Subject: Re: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale on foreign distro
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 21:59:08 +0100

Hi Guix,

It's only now I reply to this that I notice that it wasn't my thread I
was responding to, since I was having exactly the same problem.

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 02:01:50PM -0400, Jack Hill wrote:
> 1) The default locale in the provided systemd unit, en_US.utf8, is not
> provided by the glibc-locales package but rather only by the
> glibc-utf8-locales package.

Installing glibc-utf8-locales has made the errors go away.

> 2) The quoting in systemd unit is wrong. Changing
>
> ```
> Environment=GUIX_LOCPATH='/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/lib/locale'
>  LC_ALL=en_US.utf8
> ```

> ```
> Environment='GUIX_LOCPATH=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/lib/locale'
>  LC_ALL=en_US.utf8
> ```
>
> fixed the problem.

I've made this change too, though it appeared to be fixed just by
installing glibc-utf8-profiles.

> I'll open bugs for each of these issues.

Glad that these won't be a problem any more; thanks a lot!

--
Josh Holland