Re: Noob issues with maintaining a guix laptop system

From: ison
Subject: Re: Noob issues with maintaining a guix laptop system
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 00:17:11 -0600

Just to be clear, when a reconfigure fails you can make any necessary changes
and run it again. Guix operations are atomic so it doesn't actually change the
state of your system in any way until it finishes.

But, if you're asking about rolling back the "guix pull" so that you can run
reconfigure with the older versions as if you had never ran "guix pull" in the
first place, then I think you could try this:
guix describe
which should print out the "commit" used when you last reconfigured the system.
Then you could try the following command with <commit-string> replaced with the
value you got above:
guix pull --commit=<commit-string>
That should make sure your package data matches what was used last time you
successfully reconfigured.

As for the swapfile, it should work exactly how you showed.
That error makes me think the problem is with how you set up the swapfile. Did
you run "dd" to allocate space for the swapfile?