Re: Error al extraer iso guix GNU con linux

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Error al extraer iso guix GNU con linux
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:15:03 +0200

Jorge,

[I hope English is all right; I don't speak Spanish good.]

Jorge Terán wrote:
Favor prestar ayuda para resolver la descarga.

This isn't a problem with the download.

The Guix System installer that you've downloaded is designed to be decompressed and written directly to a DVD or USB drive using dd. This process is described in detail in the manual[0], including the ‘xz’ command to decompress the image.

You'll have more fun if you follow it step by step: don't skip the boring ones, and don't add any of your own (like this one ;-)

Good luck!

T G-R

[0]: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/es/html_node/Instalacion-del-sistema.html#Instalaci_00f3n-del-sistema