Re: List available versions of package.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: List available versions of package.
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 23:31:18 +0200

Philippe,

Philippe Veber wrote:
I'm getting started with guix, and so far it's been just fine.

Welcome!

I would like to see all available versions for a given package.
Is there a command that would help me with that?

There is:

 $ guix package --list-available=^glibc$
glibc 2.25 out,debug,static gnu/packages/base.scm:921:2 glibc 2.22 out,debug,static gnu/packages/base.scm:980:2
 …

For easier interactive use, you can use the short option ‘-A’.

Note that this option takes a regular expression as argument. That makes it powerful, but means you'll have to enclose the name in ‘^…$’ if you want to match one specific package.

Kind regards,

T G-R