Re: Problem with building service from my channel

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: Problem with building service from my channel
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:38:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

Jack Hill <address@hidden> skribis:

```
(repl-version 0 0)
(exception misc-error (value #f) (value "Unbound variable: ~s") (value
(mcron-service-type)) (value #f))
```

The Guile exception possibly means that code in your channel refers to
‘mcron-service-type’, but that this variable is unbound.  It could be
because one of your modules lacks #:use-module (gnu services mcron).

Ludo’,

That makes sense, except, I don't see where I have used mcron-service-type, but not used the (gnu services mcron) module, and the same channel code was working as of 31775e400e05fb05fff0de4d3ffbf9549fe20994, so I think it that means it has to be something else.

Here's where I define a service that extends mcron-service-type

```
(define-module (guix-at-duke services endpoint-management)
  #:use-module (gnu packages certs)
  #:use-module (gnu services mcron)
  #:use-module (gnu services)
  #:use-module (guix gexp)
  #:use-module (guix records)
  #:use-module (guix-at-duke packages endpoint-management)
  #:export (planisphere-report-configuration
            planisphere-report-configuration?
            planisphere-report-service-type))

…[snip]…

(define planisphere-report-service-type
  (service-type
   (name 'planisphere-report)
   (extensions
    (list (service-extension mcron-service-type planisphere-report-jobs)))
   (default-value (planisphere-report-configuration))
   (description "Periodically run @command{planisphere-report} to update the OIT
endpoint database.")))
```

Best,