Re: Cannot install Guix 1.0.1 on Asus K50C

From: znavko
Subject: Re: Cannot install Guix 1.0.1 on Asus K50C
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 10:29:44 +0000

Thank you! The installation was finished ok. But 'reboot' after system
initialization (as manual says) did not worked ever on my Asus K50C.

I've used in config the name of device as /dev/sda everywhere, and Guix runs
ok. Think, manual should have notices about it for those not want to use label
of device.
Also if I do not use separate partition for bios grub, guix says that it is not
allowed (but on my other laptop i have only one partition for root and grub).
Also the size of grub partition was 200Mb first, and somebody said I need only
1Mb, but I've seen my other notebook's /boot directory has files about 20Mb, so
I've create boot partition with 80Mb space. And I see this now:

# du -h /boot
2.3M    /boot/grub/fonts
4.2M    /boot/grub/locale
2.4M    /boot/grub/i386-pc
8.9M    /boot/grub
8.9M    /boot

The next trouble connects to my VGA Display Adapter Sis 771/671 and its driver.
I've solved this on ubuntu, and now I will push another email for get my screen
works normal resolution on Guix.