Re: Compiling Python 2.7.16

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Compiling Python 2.7.16
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:24:28 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> how can I have a workflow similar to the one with pyenv + virtualenv +
> emacs, using guix + emacs ..?

You can use separate profiles:

    guix package --profile=/home/me/python2 \
                 --install python2 python2-numpy”

This will install the latest version of Python 2.7 together with a
matching variant of numpy into a profile at /home/me/python2.  You can
“activate” the profile with

    export GUIX_PROFILE=/home/me/python2
    source $GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile

You can create as many separate profiles as you need.

--
Ricardo