Re: List available versions of package.

From: Philippe Veber
Subject: Re: List available versions of package.
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 20:32:29 +0200

Hi Tobias,

Le mar. 11 juin 2019 à 09:43, Philippe Veber
> <address@hidden> a écrit :
> > Hello Tobias, and thanks a lot for your answer!
>
> I completely missed this reply.  I am so sorry.

Really no worries, and thanks for lending your help!

> Philippe Veber wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > FWIW, I tried the exact example given in the manual [0] and it
> > failed,
> > although for a different reason. It does a lot of work until it
> > reaches an
> > exception (the build of profile.drv fails). Could someone
> > confirm this
> > should work?
>
> Pasting the contents of that first code box into ‘foo’ and running
> ‘guix environment -m foo’ works fine for me on today's guix.
>
> Could you tell us which command you're using and what the result
> is?

The command is

guix environment --manifest=manifest.scm

and the log is available here:

https://gist.github.com/pveber/c6e9437f4964ec9f00e7f1ec6cccce52

> > Also, is it expected that packages from guix commits dating
> > from a few years ago will still work in this setting? Thanks!
>
> I'm not sure.  There have been some watershed moments in those
> years, and I don't know how well inferiors would isolate those
> changes, if at all.

Ok, that limitation makes a lot of sense. I think I'll follow Ricardo's
advice to enable installation of old versions. Again, thanks a lot!

ph.