Re: grub with encrpted root no longer automatically loads luks

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: grub with encrpted root no longer automatically loads luks
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 23:21:54 -0400

Hi Jack,

Jack Hill <address@hidden> writes:

> I've noticed that recently (unfortunately, I don't know exactly when
> it started), that grub no longer prompts me to enter my password to
> unlock my root filesystem.

FWIW, I also use an encrypted root filesystem on my Guix system, and
I've updated Guix since you reported the problem, and it works for me.
GRUB continues to prompt me for the LUKS passphase at boot.

One notable difference between our system configurations is that you
have a separate /boot filesystem, and I don't.  All I have is a single
encrypted root filesystem, plus %base-file-systems.  I wonder if this
might be the relevant difference?

     Regards,
       Mark