Re: PLEASE! Input Attach Service

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: PLEASE! Input Attach Service
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 14:19:16 -0400

> No, you're not disturbing me. Feel free to ask.

Thanks!

> It just happens to be, that I added inputattach to Guix because I
> also
> needed it for the touchscreen on my x200-t to work.

I see.

> My current configuration has
>
> ===
> (service inputattach-service-type
>          (inputattach-configuration
>              (device "/dev/ttyS4")
>              (device-type "wacom")))
> ===
>
> added to its services. Thats working for me.

Thanks! I did use the above config but without the "device" and
"device-type" field. The error message I saw during system boot was
"InputAttach: Cannot set device type". So I am thinking the service did
actually detect the touchscreen of my x200-t, but could not set the
device-type??

But for sure I will try using your config as it is and let you know ☺

> If this does not fix the problem for you, than your touchscreen is
> probably connected to another serial port:
>
> - Use a tool of your choice to read the current text from one of the
>   serial ports ("/dev/ttySxxx" where xxx is any number).
> - Point on your display with your pen. If random characters start to
> pop
>   up from the serial connection, this is the correct serial port.
> - Replace your serial device with the one in my configuration.

Sorry, I am not aware of what tools you are reffering to. Are you
suggesting hardware tools or software tools? If it is the latter, can
you please mention an easiest tool name and the syntax for checking for
 serial ports?

> Please note that this is a pretty adhoc approach that I added to Guix
> so
> that it works for my setup, hoping that it could help others. When
> there
> are issues or whishes concerning the documentation or if things just
> don't work for you, please let me know.

Sure ☺. Btw, could you expand/update the "inputattach-service-type" of
the Guix Manual, to include "inputattach-configuration" scheme
parameters/procedures and it's possible cum default values? Thanks!

Regards,
RG.