Re: PLEASE! Input Attach Service

From: Tim Gesthuizen
Subject: Re: PLEASE! Input Attach Service
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 16:50:49 +0200

Raghav Gururajan writes:
> Sure ☺. Btw, could you expand/update the "inputattach-service-type" of
> the Guix Manual, to include "inputattach-configuration" scheme
> parameters/procedures and it's possible cum default values? Thanks!

As for any service these values are already documented [1].
Make sure that you are reading an up to date version of the manual.

> Btw, would you be able to set the default vaules of "device" and
> "device-type" to "/dev/ttyS4" and "wacom" respectively for
> "inputattach-configuration"?

The wacom device type is already the default. As inputattach can be used
for many device types I would not want to change the default values to
suit our specific needs.
I don't even know whether the /dev/ttyS4 port is a constant among
x200t thinkpads.

Tim.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#Miscellaneous-Services