Re: Installing Guix from source

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Installing Guix from source
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 10:50:53 +0200

Hi Reza,

> after build finished, I had two versions of Guix on my machine, the old one
> which
> is located in store, and the new one  which is installed in `/usr/local/bin`.
>
> the problem is that the old instance of guix is detected as default on
> my machine.

What do you mean by “detected”?  On any GNU system shell commands are
mapped to executables by looking for matching executables in any of the
directories listed in the PATH environment variable.  If there are more
than one executable of a name, the order of directories on PATH
determines which of them is returned.

--
Ricardo