Re: Wiping /tmp?

From: N
Subject: Re: Wiping /tmp?
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 14:48:08 +0000

Christopher Lemmer Webber transcribed 124 bytes:
> I'm sure there's something obvious, but what does one put in one's guix
> config so that /tmp is wiped by default on reboot?

There used to be a bug where it doesn't get wiped. Or was the workaround/fix
for this to simply not do it anymore?

You could try and see how much of /etc/rc.d/cleartmp of NetBSD is applicable
for you in a small shepherd service:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/cleartmp?rev=1.13&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

By which I mean, see how early or how late you could run an equivalent
chain of commands. This is what I would try when I'd setup GuixSD
again somewhere.

Hope it helps to some extent.
N.