Re: Trying to install Guix System on a nonfree computer, the system frez

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Trying to install Guix System on a nonfree computer, the system frezees at booting, bug?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 20:03:32 +0200

>I suppose this is a common problem with AMD GPUs.Is this something that
could be reported as a bug and fixed or is this issue related to nonfree
software and can't be fixed?>I had more success on my old AMD GPU after
changing /etc/config.scm to use ...I've just tried this, but 'guix system init'
failed I used the exact same code as in the manual, but it threw an error,
don't remember what exactly it was, but it complained about 'field' being
incorrect. I'll attach the config file below - tried different options there
cons*, list append and just service field, but it never worked.
 --Jan> On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 12:35:23AM +0200, Jan wrote:
> > Hi, I'm trying to install Guix System on the following computer:Ryzen
5 1600MSI pcmate B350ADATA SX7000NP - it's a NVMe SSDThe problem is
installation finishes successfully, but after rebooting and trying to start the
system it freezes like on a screenshot attached below. I asked on the IRC and a
person told me Guix System often works on almost all machines and I should
check /var/log/messages, but then the person disappeared, but I have the log. I
don't know if it's a bug or that's my nonfree hardware, so I posted the issue
here. --Jan