Re: Trying to install Guix System on a nonfree computer, the system frez

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Trying to install Guix System on a nonfree computer, the system frezees at booting, bug?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 15:31:44 +0200

>Maybe Debian works because it uses a
>different kernel configuration, you could try.  If Debian works, then
>Guix System could be made to work.
Tried installing Debian 10 with GNOME and it doesn't look good either -
instead of gdm, there's a cursor blinking, I could switch to a different
tty, but after switching a few times from one tty to tty with gdm it
froze. Guess that's the moment I sell this machine and buy a machine
able to run free software :)