Booting GUIX in single user

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Booting GUIX in single user
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:22:58 +0200

Hi there,

While experimenting with Guix and installing one more package the disk of the
test system filled to 100%. After shutting down the system to provide more disk
to the VM, after reboot, the gdm session is indefinitely started and killed.

I tried to boot into non-x11 (level3) or single user mode but unfortunately the
option I pass to Grub seems not to be recognized by the linux-libre kernel. Any
hint where I find the correct boot options for a Guix System, so I can repair
my system?

Thanks,
Alex

PS: one more thing. Is there any documentation about the packages? How to use
them after just Guix install? After installing a package, e.g. a window manager
like exam or a desktop environment like lxde additional steps are necessary for
a user to use them. Can I find these steps somewhere? In particular to do the
configuration such that it is compatible with the package and will not brake
after updating the package to a new version.