Need help displaying Unicode fonts in Icecat

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Need help displaying Unicode fonts in Icecat
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 10:08:09 -0400

Hi Guix,

  I can't seem to get Unicode fonts to display in Icecat (and
Emacs...and really everywhere else too). I'm not a font wizard, so I'm
unsure how to resolve this issue. I've installed both of these packages:

- font-dejavu
- font-liberation

Then I ran "fc-cache -f" and rebooted my machine. Still, I'm not seeing
anything change unfortunately. I just get empty boxes where Unicode
symbols should be displayed.

Am I missing the correct font package? Do I need to edit a config file
somewhere? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  Gary