Re: Need help displaying Unicode fonts in Icecat

From: ison
Subject: Re: Need help displaying Unicode fonts in Icecat
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 20:09:28 -0600

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019, Gary Johnson wrote:
> Hi Guix,
>
>   I can't seem to get Unicode fonts to display in Icecat (and
> Emacs...and really everywhere else too). I'm not a font wizard, so I'm
> unsure how to resolve this issue. I've installed both of these packages:
>
> - font-dejavu
> - font-liberation

Specifically what unicode characters aren't showing up?
I'm not sure either of those fonts has a very large set of unicode.

One great font to have installed, at least as a fallback, is
"font-gnu-unifont". Would you mind trying to install it and see if
that fixes the issue?
Remember to run both "fc-cache -fv" and "sudo fc-cache -fv" after
installing it and restart icecat.