Re: CV Assistant

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: CV Assistant
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 22:59:03 -0400

> Thanks for your time and patience with Guix. I love to see you
> continue to
> use it!

I am glad to stay with guix. Even though I was frusturated sometimes
due to absence of some packages, I understood it is a growing distro
and rome was not not built in a day. :)

> Do you think you could try packaging CV Assistant yourself?

I sat to do it several times but could not start it due to the
situation I am in. I am curious to learn packaging in guix and I am
confident that I will be doing it someday. It just not the right time
(hectic situation).

> I suggest packaging it yourself for several reasons:
>
> - Guix is an incredibly hackable system. If nothing else, I enjoy
> working
> on and owning my own system. Not only can you make the system what
> you
> want, but it is fun to work on.
> - You may find confidence to package your own packages in the future.
> It
> seems like you are very curious about a lot of linux software and
> writing
> packages is an excellent way to get a deeper understanding of various
> software ecosystems.
> - Did I mention it is fun? Lisp is an excellent language and using it
> will
> teach you a lot.
>
> I hope you will at least try someday.

All you mentioned are so true. Yeah, I will be doing it, someday. :)

Thank you!

Regards,
RG.