Re: Modify how to connect to network in GuixSD graphical installer

From: Meikel
Subject: Re: Modify how to connect to network in GuixSD graphical installer
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 11:31:20 +0200

Hi Ludovic,

Am 01.09.2019 um 13:01 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
What problems did you get with the graphical installer precisely?

I get a dialog "Checking connectivity" with a text "Waiting for Internet access establishment ..." and a progress bar that runs from 0% to 100%. When 100% is reached I get an error dialog "Connection error" with a text saying "The selected network does not provide access to the Internet, please try again." and an OK button. After I press the OK button the "Checking connectivity" starts again from and then fails again.

I imagine that the values for own IP address and for default gateway can't be determined by the installer. There is no DHCP server providing those values. I think that I need to enter those values manually.

Regards,

Meikel