Re: cannot boot with BTRFS in degraded mode

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: cannot boot with BTRFS in degraded mode
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 08:30:41 +0200

Hello Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Also note that for the time being, the init script of Guix doesn't honor
> the "rootflags" kernel argument.

AFAIU this means Guix will not configure the grub parameter in the grub
config, but if I pass "rootflags" via grub "manually" that should be
passed to the kernel: right?

Anyway, with the help of a friend, in a few hours we are going to test
this solution :-)

> The good news is that there is a patch awaiting testing/review that adds
> support for it here:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37305.

AFAIU it's a good patch, thanks!

IMHO actually it's two patches merged togheter: "honor rootflags kernel
parameter" and "Allow booting from a Btrfs subvolume", anyway it's a big
imrovement for BTRFS users

I'll try them and will report back!

Thanks, Gio'

--