Re: Audio/Video Desynchronisation

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Audio/Video Desynchronisation
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 05:43:14 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan 写道:
I often get the following error/warning while playing media files via
mpv:

Audio/Video desynchronisation detected! Possible reasons include too slow hardware, temporary CPU spikes, broken drivers, and broken files. Audio position will not match to the video (see A-V status field).

This happens.  The reasons are stated clearly in the text.

This is not an issue with your operating system, and generally harmless. Have you ever actually noticed desynchronisation (not the message)? I haven't, and I see that warning daily.

If the text bothers you, you can try:
- Not using your {C,G}PU for other tasks while watching videos
- Enabling acceleration if supported (I can vouch for intel-vaapi-driver)
- Raising the priority of the MPV process with {io,}nice
- Not playing from slow storage or networks at all
- Watching lower-bitrate movies
- Buying a more expensive computer (bonus points for an ‘X’ in the name).

Kind regards,

T G-R