Question about Licenses.

From: marinus.savoritias
Subject: Question about Licenses.
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 17:51:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Everyone.

My name is Fanis and I am a new Guix user coming from Gentoo. I am very
interested in the license around the packages I use and I can help but notice
some inconsistencies.
For example:
kdenlive is GPL-2 in the gentoo repositories.
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/kde-apps/kdenlive
<https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/kde-apps/kdenlive>
It also has a link to GPL-2 on their site:
https://kdenlive.org/en/about/ <https://kdenlive.org/en/about/>
But on Guix is GPL-2+.

Is there a source I am not considering? The source is saying GPL-2 in the
copying file too.

The other example is Qbittorrent.
its GPL-2 again in gentoo:
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/net-p2p/qbittorrent
<https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/net-p2p/qbittorrent>
Source is saying GPL-2:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/blob/master/COPYING
<https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/blob/master/COPYING>
but Guix is saying GPL-2+ again.

Is there a source I am not considering? Does Guix remove some things to make
the programs GPL2+?

Regards,
Fanis