Re: Recipe for latest release of firefox?

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: Recipe for latest release of firefox?
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 21:36:07 -0400

On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 23:10:01 -0400, Amin Bandali wrote:
> I think I’m in a similar situation as you: I, too, use IceCat every day,
> in and out of Guix, but don’t know much about Firefox internals as of
> now.  I also sadly have little time on my hands, at least until the end
> of this year.  But I too think a bit of time is better than none at all;
> so I’d be willing to give [co-]maintaining IceCat a shot, especially if
> I may have someone else’s help along the way :).

Great!  Thank you.  Being a GNU maintainer comes with certain
responsibilities and expectations, so I'll get in touch with you
privately to clarify whether that's what you're looking for, or if
you're just looking to contribute to the project.

>> If I don't hear back from Rubén by the end of next week, I'll either
>> call him at the FSF or seek the answers elsewhere.
>>

> Rubén usually hangs out at #trisquel-dev on Fridays 12-1pm.  You may be
> able to catch him there if you’re around.

I'll be working then, unfortunately.  But if anyone here is available to
ping him there, do feel free!  I'll ping him via email before I try to
get in touch elsewhere.

--
Mike Gerwitz