Re: Help identifying licenses

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Help identifying licenses
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 20:56:24 +0200

Jesse,

Jesse Gibbons 写道:
1. newspeak
The author says bsd-like. I don't see any clauses or yelling. What should I
put for it? Here's the relevant snippet from debian/copyright:

This is the ‘Expat’ licence, often ambiguously called ‘MIT’.

2. Kenny
The author says Artistic as found on debian in /usr/share/common- licenses/Artistic. It is not found in (guix licenses), and sincee I do not run debian from that era I cannot compare the text to verify the license's
identity. Here's the relevant snippet from debian/copyright:

As noted on IRC: I've mirrored that file from a debian system[0]. What a mess: it's *almost* <https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Clarified_Artistic_License_1.0>, but not actually the same (e.g. points 3.e & 4.e are missing).

Considering this is what Debian calls the ‘Artistic’ licence, though, we can be almost certain that other Guix packages have the same subtle difference already.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://www.tobias.gr/Debian.Artistic.txt