Re: Ricardo, here is kind question to provide facts on your statements a

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Ricardo, here is kind question to provide facts on your statements about RMS
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 05:08:15 +0200

* Wilson Bustos <address@hidden> [2019-10-09 23:54]:
> I think even more important,

> When I read that statement I thought every Guix collaborator is in
> favor of that statement, or at least a major number of them.

And that is exactly what is not being spread on Internet.

I would like to ask those "GNU maintainers" who are pretending to
represent "all of GNU" to step down from the GNU project, and move
their activities out.

Software that is usable can be forked and continued without worries.

I recommend this reading to everybody who has logical sense and will
to research what has been said and why all that came:
https://geoff.greer.fm/2019/09/30/in-defense-of-richard-stallman/

> But I get surprise to not find any mail to ask to anyone about this,
> There is not a vote.

In my opinion, projects that are driven by intention, authority for
reasons of being right like RMS, such projects need no democracy
voting. A group will always vote out sooner or later the one who is in
authority with the hidden hopes to get their own positions.

Positions in GNU shall be given by their loyalty to GNU principles,
one of those principles was to be friendly in community and forward
free software.

How such biased and generalized defamation againt RMS can be
considered friendly? It is not, it is hatred and that is not the
community envisioned by GNU manifesto.

I am asking thus Ludovic Courtès, Ricardo Wurmus, Matt Lee, Andreas
Enge, Samuel Thibault, Carlos O'Donell, Andy Wingo, Jordi Gutiérrez
Hermoso, Mark Wielaard, Ian Lance Taylor, Werner Koch, Daiki Ueno,
Christopher Lemmer Webber, Jan Nieuwenhuizen, John Wiegley, Tom
Tromey, Jeff Law, Han-Wen Nienhuys, Joshua Gay, Ian Jackson, Tobias
Geerinckx-Rice, Andrej Shadura, Zack Weinberg and John W. Eaton who
issued their disgraceful defamation and slander on RMS to step down,
resign from GNU project and when I say "GNU" I mean exclusively that
on GNU.ORG and sponsored by GNU.ORG and not the broader group of fans,
free software supporters or similar.

Person with the integrity would never do that damage what they have
done with their statement on:
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/

So please people, RESIGN, and get your opinions straight but OUTSIDE
of the GNU.ORG domain.

> Someone just think in that way and use the site to show the Guix
> community is against Stallman as a representation of GNU.  The fact
> in here is there is not public discussion about this.  And seems it
> will never gonna happen.

That is exactly what is now going on. Various websites are reflecting
their statement in the sense that all GNU maintainers are defaming and
slandering RMS, which is not true. In the sense that those few people
are representing "all of the GNU".

> Why? Maybe the person who do this is afraid of not being able to
> impose his point of view to the community.  I hope be wrong and I
> hope we can get an answer.

Exactly.

Jean