Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtc

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtcrime accusations from the Guix project pages on GNU.ORG websitew
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 17:48:20 +0000

How are you?

On October 10, 2019 12:39:00 PM UTC, Dmitry Alexandrov <address@hidden> wrote:
>Did you move it offlist intentionally?  If not, may I resend it back?

Me for sure not intentionally and Guix managers are anyway conducting
censorship... So no big deal.

You can resend what you wish. I am not forbidding two-way free speech.

>>>Wow!  Ease off a bit!

No need. I am not feeling fear when I state something. So they did not ease
with thru FUD and defamation on Guix pages on GNU.org domain, so why MD or
others should be silenced? No need.

>>>You might not noticed that, but today Guix is the most vivid part of
>>>GNU.  And I could not image an action, that might cause more damage
>>>GNU project, than urging Guix lead developers to leave.

I don't see absolutely no problem there. And they also not. Their strategy is
clear that they want their own community where thought police is to punish
thought crime. So I let them be.

Their behavior does not fit into GNU kind communication guidelines.

And free software can be freely used? So what is the loss? Their only loss is
for them to lose other 100000 dollars donation, that is possible reason for
their hostile take over attempt.

>>>all means, you would not able to outcompete them, so it would simply
>>>ended in Guix out of GNU.

I am last person to convince on that as I am aware of their FUD and harm they
do to Guix, GNU and RMS. Convince others.

>What the point of dubbing some free program an official GNU package
>nowadays?

What is point in backstabbing of RMS? I asked and never got answers but FUD.

>I do not see how it can be harmful for Guix.  Not to say, that you are
>also urging to oust, at least, Guile and GnuPG.

No, not at all. I am asking people to behave according to GNU kind
communication guidelines. And if they don't like it to step down and make their
own platform for their FUD. But using GNU.org domain to defame and harass RMS
is disaster for future.

>Of course, it up to them, and I hope they have enough respect for GNU
>and RMS heritage not to follow you strong advice.

They have no respect for RMS.

Jean Louis