Re: [Blog/Cookbook?] On multiple Guix profiles and manifests

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: [Blog/Cookbook?] On multiple Guix profiles and manifests
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 17:16:47 +0200

I will write a blog post then!

Ricardo, how did you convert the blog posts to Texinfo?

Org mode has a Texinfo export library, so I'm thinking I'll do as for my
other blog posts and write them in Org, then export in

- Markdown for the website;

- Texinfo for the cookbook.

> Yes, I was going to suggest ‘--list-profiles’.  Hopefully that makes a
> centralized ~/.guix-extra-profiles less necessary, but either way, it’s
> good in the cookbook to have a discussion of the various ways you can do
> things and the various tradeoffs that ensue.
>
> Would you like to turn that into a section of the Cookbook?

What do you mean?

> Note that it’s (still!) not on-line, but I’ll try to update the
> berlin.scm configuration (in maintenance.git) so that it’s published, if
> nobody beats me at it.

Does it have an interesting use of profiles / manifests?

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/