Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 11:31:42 -0500

On Fri, October 11, 2019 3:03 am, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi Quiliro,
>
> Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> * Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> [2019-10-10 07:09]:
>>> I have previously asked you privately to stop spamming our mailing
>>> lists.  I am asking you a second time publicly.  If you keep disrupting
>>> our mailing lists your posts will be moderated.
>>
>> Censorship [...]
>
> There is no censorship.
>
> By joining Guix, one agrees to follow the rules at
> <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/CODE-OF-CONDUCT>.
> These are simple rules to keep this space welcoming.  We all benefit
> from their application.

So by agreeing to censorship that means there is no censorship?

> Again, expressing disagreement is fine; harassing people like Jean Louis
> has been doing (first on IRC, then on this mailing list and via their
> web site) is not.

So your rules have to apply to him, but his rules do not apply to you just
because he entered this list? To be bound by somebody else's rules does
not imply you are free. It just implies you were forced to comply. That is
not freedom. It is voluntary enslavement.

> My initial message in this thread was directed at Guix developers.
> Evidently we’ve now got quite a lot of feedback from people not involved
> in Guix.  Yet, this remains a mailing list intended for Guix development.

Correct. I have moved it to a list with more interested parties: help-guix.

> So, to everyone who wants to discuss GNU matters further, please let’s
> use address@hidden.

This is a matter for Guix because this is the place where censorship is
occurring.

There is no censorship that I have seen on GNU, just your attempt to take
over control of the project Stallman has started and fueled for years just
because of your personal grudge with him. You chose to take the problems
as the most important and ignore his contributions, past and present. I
myself was introduced to Guix by Richard and I have involved others. Heck!
I would say even you came to GNU because of Richard. That is very recent
history. It is not 40 years old.