Next browser looking for init file in store

From: LaFreniere, Joseph
Subject: Next browser looking for init file in store
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 10:41:31 -0500

My installation of the Next browser appeared to be ignoring the file I had written in my XDG_CONFIG_HOME (which I have defined as the default "$HOME/.config") at "$HOME/.config/next/init.lisp". Inspecting the *init-file-path* variable from within Next shows a current value #P"/gnu/store/psfi1fvmjmnsy3684sa6rhz7jcrs42xr-sbcl-next-1.2.2-lib/.config/next/init.lisp". The fact that this is referring to a location in my store leads me to believe that this Guix-specific, hence my asking in this mailing list.

Am I supposed to be symlinking my configuration or profile specially for Guix? Or, assuming Next is behaving as it ought to be, does anyone how I am supposed to properly inform it of my $XDG_CONFIG_HOME?

--
Joseph LaFreniere