Problem logging in using GDM

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Problem logging in using GDM
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 18:31:32 +0200

Hi Guix!

As previously discussed [1], I sometimes have problems logging in using GDM.
And today is one of those days! :-(

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-10/msg00434.html

Thanks to Joshua and Diego, I now have a SLiM alternative that works.
But as Alex pointed out, that might not be such a great idea!

So, symptoms are: when I try to log in using GDM, it goes black and…
*bang* goes back to the login screen!
When I reconfigure my system back to using SLiM, I can log in again. So, to
me, it does not seem like a problem with my WM or user conf.

Unfortunately, removing the gdm/gnome temp files [2] didn't solve the
problem!

[2]: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/gdm
     rm -rf .cache/gnome-*
     rm -rf .local/share/gnome-shell/application_state

Any help welcome!

--
Tanguy