Re: [X-POST] patchwork.sourceware.org refresh

From: Siddhesh Poyarekar
Subject: Re: [X-POST] patchwork.sourceware.org refresh
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 11:17:16 +0530

On 28/11/19 10:55 am, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
>  Well, I've been using it to track the state my own patches submitted (and
> during the period of my active MIPS GDB port maintenance also for other
> people's submissions).

Can you please take a snapshot of your state?

>  Is it actually necessary to destroy all the recorded state (not only for
> patches, but also for e-mail accounts linked, which AFAIK cannot be
> restored once you've lost access to any) just for an engine upgrade?
> That would be an odd requirement and ISTR at least one of the patchworks
> I've had an account with to have been seamlessly upgraded at one point.

Hmm, I will try to do an in-place upgrade without actually deleting
anything.  I can't promise that it will go well because we'll be
upgrading from a very ancient version and I don't know right now if the
schema has changed incompatibly.

I'll do a backup too FWIW.

>  Or do you have something else, i.e. not just an upgrade, in mind?

To begin with, I intend to add hooks to close patchwork patches on merge
so that that aspect is automated.  It was the one problem we had with
patchwork and with ChangeLogs gone in glibc, we're definitely a lot more
likely to get close to that goal.

Siddhesh