Re: [X-POST] patchwork.sourceware.org refresh

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Subject: Re: [X-POST] patchwork.sourceware.org refresh
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:35:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> >  Well, I've been using it to track the state my own patches submitted (and
> > during the period of my active MIPS GDB port maintenance also for other
> > people's submissions).
>
> Can you please take a snapshot of your state?

 How do I do that though?  There doesn't appear to be anything there I
could do from my profile page or elsewhere.

> >  Or do you have something else, i.e. not just an upgrade, in mind?
>
> To begin with, I intend to add hooks to close patchwork patches on merge
> so that that aspect is automated.  It was the one problem we had with
> patchwork and with ChangeLogs gone in glibc, we're definitely a lot more
> likely to get close to that goal.

 Sure, and greatly appreciated too (I've seen your proposal in the other
thread of discussion), but adding hooks is not supposed to affect any
existing patchwork state that the lone upgrade puts at risk.  Some kind of
restructuring could.

  Maciej