Re: SYSTEM STUTTERING

From: Jelle Licht
Subject: Re: SYSTEM STUTTERING
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:32:42 +0100

Dear Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Folks!
> [...snip...]
> 50% of the time, when I am playing videos in mpv or icecat or
> ungoogled-chromium, after 5-10min, the whole system starts to stutter.
> I can see stutter in/while video, switching windows, changing
> volume+brigness on the panel etc.
> [...snip...]
> Could anyone help me with further digging this issue and fixing it
> please?
>
> DEVICE MODEL: X200-Tablet

AFAIK, that device has an Intel iGPU. Are you running the latest version
of linux-libre? I believe and have experienced quite some regressions
using Linux-libre kernel since ~5.3 on my T400. If you are not running
the latest linux-libre, it might still make sense to see whether `dmesg'
tells you something relevant.

Regards,
Jelle