pre-inst-env: guile bad interpreter, guix-daemon libz not found

From: John Soo
Subject: pre-inst-env: guile bad interpreter, guix-daemon libz not found
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 16:50:22 +0000

Hi Guix,

I have troubles using pre-inst-env so I have never really used it but I
really want it.
Following the directions in the manual i:

sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild Password:
guix-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open

Also, using pre-inst-env gives me this:

./pre-inst-env: /home/john/projects/guix/scripts/guix:
/gnu/store/m1i0bqzvqy9vbvfzv33ablpbrlhd5z03-profile/bin/guile: bad
interpreter: No such file or directory ./pre-inst-env: line 71:
/home/john/projects/guix/scripts/guix: Success

What do I need to do to fix this? I am not sure of the ./bootstrap and
./configure status of my repo anymore.

- John