Re: How to present Guix to a wider audience

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: How to present Guix to a wider audience
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 16:33:52 +0100

Hi Simon!

Thanks for the suggestions.  It's all good content, but I'm looking for
a presentation that you could give to _anyone_, more or less people who
know that

- Computers, smartphones, etc. are around us.
- They are used in research, banking, etc.
- They can be used to store our private data.
- They can be abused (e.g. maybe heard about Snowden).

Carl Dong's video is the closest to what I'm looking for.

I'd prefer a text format though.  Besides, if we don't want to exhaust
the patience of our users before pronouncing the word "Guix", I
think it's important to make it a very short read, say 5 minutes, or
some 1000 words.

(Carl Dong's video is 16 minute long, and Guix is only introduced at the
end.)

As Ricardo said, I believe such a general presentation would be very
welcome on Guix' front page.

Anyone interested in writing such a text?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/