Re: File is read-only; trying to patch anyway

From: LaFreniere, Joseph
Subject: Re: File is read-only; trying to patch anyway
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 21:56:29 -0600

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden> writes:
The source origin is built as a completely separate derivation, before Guix even starts to build your package, and long before your package's phases are called.

Snippets are (vaguely) like phases for your source derivation.

Thank you for making me aware of snippets! Using snippets I was finally able to get the build working, and submitted the patch as bug #39093. The submitted patch is also attached here for reference.

--
Joseph LaFreniere