Re: The installer encountered unexpected problem. Please report to

From: wisdomlight
Subject: Re: The installer encountered unexpected problem. Please report to
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:16:12 +0000

OK Folk here's another one for you[this is not complaining this is for you to
see if there is a problem somewhere??]:

I wanted to try Guix again.

This time I wanted it on a Librem 13" [instead of Macbook Air][so i can enjoy
the libre wifi]
I wanted to have Guix installed next to my already installed Linux Mint.

So I created  usb live Guix os
I booted into the usb
Got to the bit when it asks about Partitioning method choose the Manual,
created two partitions
1 50.00GB ext4    /
  70.00GB Free space

When i was about to continue Format disk? it said we are about to format your
hard disk. All its data will be lost Do you wish to continue?
I promptly clicked exit

then the installation menu window appeared and i clicked Abort

it took me to local language window where again i clicked exit

so this cycle of going form one menu to another
Locale language window -> click exit -> installation menu window -> click Abort
-> Local language -> click exit -> locale language menu window->click exit  ->
abort ad infinitum

so I did the only thing I could and that was switching the machine of form the
power button.

Now I want to boot back to my Linux Mint and the system is stuck it says
Booting from Hard Disk...

And nothing happens

When I then boot again to the live usb stick with Guix on it - the previous
partitioning is till there available as if nothing has happened.

This sounds strange to me. And of course now I cannot boot to my machine.

Not good. [not the end of the world as well because i have a back up and
another live usb with linux mint on it and it boots fine]

Sherab

Just like an experience in a dream
Everything I now enjoy
Will become a mere recollection
For what has past will not be seen again

Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.