Could anyone please package RStudio?

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Could anyone please package RStudio?
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 17:17:39 -0500

Dear Guix,

Now that Qt 5.12 and qtwebengine have been added to Guix, would an
experienced packager be able to add RStudio to Guix? It appears that all
of the dependencies referenced in the NixOS package definition are also
packaged for Guix. Many thousands of R users are enthusiastic about
Reproducible Research* and if RStudio were available to interface with
the impressive set of R packages from CRAN already available, it would
make Guix a very attractive choice for many R users.

I've tried tackling packaging it myself, but as primarily an applied R
user and not a system administrator the RStudio IDE appears much more
complicated than packaging an R library. This IDE is AGPL licensed and
is split into two parts a server and a desktop version. Below I provide
links to the NixOS RStudio package along with Rekado's package of an
older version of RStudio (which also didn't build for me).

-
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/development/r-modules/wrapper-rstudio.nix
-
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/f024caa7a8f274a16048e71c30e1bac9e75c0ab4/pkgs/applications/editors/rstudio/default.nix
-
https://github.com/BIMSBbioinfo/guix-bimsb/blob/master/bimsb/packages/staging.scm

* For example, so notes on reproducible research in R from Karl Broman:
  https://kbroman.org/Tools4RR

Thanks for any and all developments on this front. I am extremely
grateful for all the work everyone in this community has done to bring
Guix so far. If there is anything I can do to help with getting this
packaged, please let me know. I'm eager to get on with my research, but
I would love to be able to do that from Guix so that I will know for
sure I will be able to reproduce my work :)

Thanks,
Kyle