Re: Linux gnu 5.4.13-gnu can't login to new session c.1 for user gdm

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Linux gnu 5.4.13-gnu can't login to new session c.1 for user gdm
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 09:45:03 -0500

 ---- On Sat, 08 Feb 2020 08:18:13 -0500 Hubert Lombard
<contact@hubert-lombard.website> wrote ----
 > Hi Guix!
 >
 > I'm writing this message from my Guix System 1.0.1, running the Linux gnu
 > 5.4.13-gnu #1 SMP 1 x86_64 GNU/Linux kernel.
 >
 > Normally, I should be with the 5.4.14 kernel, but after doing the
 > reconfiguration, I seemed to see an error or warning message that mentioned
 > a ModemManager problem.

I'm using a Guix System updated on January 28 and my kernel is 5.4.15. Maybe
you could try to guix pull and reconfigure again and see whether the problem
persists?

$ guix pull
$ sudo guix system reconfigure path/to/your/config.scm

Since you just installed the system, maybe you don't have a custom "config.scm"
yet so you can use the one generated by the system installer, which lives in
"/etc/config.scm".

 > On restart, I don't get the new session c.1 for user gdm . Here is the info
 > that appears:

Sounds similar to this issue: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/39281, which is
already solved. So, yeah, maybe try guix pull and reconfigure.