Re: Qemu image broken?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Qemu image broken?
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 13:56:21 -0500

On Sat, Feb 08, 2020 at 05:44:23PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
> Josh,
>
> Josh Marshall 写道:
> > Finally getting back to this.  Instructions don't work either. The
> > `-nic`
> > param is unsupported, and the `virtio-net-pci` is an unsupported nic
> > model.
> >
> > CC'ing my work email where I'm seeing this.  Host OS is CentOS 7.7.
>
> CentOS's whole deal is shipping very old software with some security fixes.
>
> Leo Famulari 写道:
> > I can't reproduce these issues. What version of QEMU are you using? In
> > Guix we are based on QEMU 4.
>
> If this[0] random Web site is to be believed, your qemu package is 2(!)
> whole releases behind what's current.

Well, we had QEMU 2 until December 2018, so it's not really that far
behind for a "stable model" distro like CentOS. QEMU has been
incrementing their version number a lot lately.

Josh, here is a link to the manual instructions from when we were using
QEMU 2:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/doc/guix.texi?id=6512b96570f79c6d230363dfe2adbd159c7861f5#n21529

Can you try that? I would add more RAM. If it doesn't work, can you try
consulting the man page for your QEMU to see how the commands might
differ?