prevent gc of texlive-...-texmf.tar.xz

From: Thomas Danckaert
Subject: prevent gc of texlive-...-texmf.tar.xz
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:53:45 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have limited space on my root file system, and therefore need to run 'guix gc' regularly. One problem with that is that the texlive source package (currently /gnu/store/mj40l554qxw15acz0h018gk5c9mxzfgn-texlive-20180414-texmf.tar.xz) regularly gets deleted that way. When I upgrade after running guix gc, I often find I need to download this very large (2.5G) tarball again.

How do I add a gc root for this tarball (or is that a bad idea)? I tried 'guix build texlive --source --root ...', but I get a warning 'package texlive has no source'.

All ideas are welcome!

Thomas