Re: Failed to connect to guix daemon socket in pure env

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Failed to connect to guix daemon socket in pure env
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:10:52 +0100

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please trim your emails when you answer?

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 09:13, Jeremy Korwin-Zmijowski
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > > $ ./pre-inst-env guix import elpa --archive=melpa-stable ac-geiser
> > >
> > > I copied the resulted definition in "emacs-ac-geiser-imported.scm"
> > >
> > > $ guix environment --pure guix --ad-hoc emacs emacs-geiser emacs-
> > > auto-
> > > complete
> > >
> > > $ ./pre-inst-env guix package --install-from-file=emacs-ac-geiser-
> > > imported.scm

I miss why you need ./pre-inst-env if you build from a local file. The command:

   guix build -f /tmp/emacs-ac-geiser.scm

should be enough, without the "./bootstrap && ./configure
--localstatedir=/var/ && make" dance.

Considering the definition of 'ac-geiser' it does not build because
the dependencies to 'geiser' and 'auto-complete' are missing. It is
easy to add them:

#:use-module (gnu packages emacs-xyz)

and the field 'inputs'

(inputs
   `(("geiser" ,geiser)
     ("auto-complete" ,emacs-auto-complete)))

and you are done.

> Sorry for flooding, but I realized that the issue I created this thread
> for is solved so I should create another one to go on my next problems.

As you want. :-)

Cheers,
simon