What is the standard way to install a package so that all users may use

From: Jay Sulzberger
Subject: What is the standard way to install a package so that all users may use the package?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 10:30:20 -0400 (EDT)

First, congratulations! and thanks for Guix!

I run mostly Debian and Debian derived systems.  One week ago I
installed Guix OS on a Thinkpad laptop.  The install was smooth.
Then I, as root, installed Emacs.  Of course, my regular non-root
user "jays", saw no Emacs.  I then, by some command of
symlinking, got Emacs visible to jays, indeed, the same
executable of Emacs is now used by both root and jays.

What is the standard way to install a Guix package so that all
users on a single hardware box, can use the package?  That is,
I'd like an install procedure so that by means of the procedure,
installation of a package is like, from one angle of view, just
using apt on a Debian system.

Again, thank you for Guix!

oo--JS.