Re: ungoogled-chromium

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: ungoogled-chromium
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 06:14:15 -0700

On 2020-03-22, Marco van Hulten wrote:
> Je 22 Mar 13:37 skribis Ricardo:
>> > I installed ungoogled-chromium.  When it starts and I browse to the
>> > main Jitsi instance [1], it wants to install the extension for Google
>> > Calendar and Office 365 integration.  I don't know if those are
>> > non-free softwares, but they at least provide non-free web services.

FWIW, I found that popup surprising too...

> I might look into what meet.jit.si is doing.

I'm curious if you can get audio or microphone access using
ungoogled-chromium on meet.jit.si... video worked fine for me, but
neither audio output nor microphone input worked.  Are there optional
plugins needed to make audio work with ungoogled-chromium?

On the same system, audio output worked fine with icecat, though
meet.jit.si wasn't supported at all on icecat.

live well,
  vagrant