Guix development on GuixSD, recommended setup and process

From: 白い熊
Subject: Guix development on GuixSD, recommended setup and process
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:38:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Guix:

I'd like to install GuixSD and experiment with Guix git development and
contributing. For this I'd like to ask what the proper recommended setup would
be.

Concretely, how should I go about it:

— First, logically, install GuixSD and set the system up.
— Then clone the Guix git.

Then though — would it be “smarter” to git update always the checkout and run
programs from within the preenv leaving the underlying GuixSD system minimal
for what needs to be set up in the system?

I.e. all user applications, like browser, office, would be installed and run
from the git version?

Or would be more recommended to install and run these from within the base
GuixSD system?

Why either?

Is there any other interface between the GuixSD system and the git version I
should be aware of or utilize?

Many thanks for your advice, if any.

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem /
Mit freundlichen Grüßen