Re: Guix and clamav, freshclam doesn't dowload

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Guix and clamav, freshclam doesn't dowload
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 18:25:38 +0200

白い熊,

白い熊 写道:
Now, running freshclam, I get:

ClamAV update process started at Fri Apr 3 14:28:23 2020
daily database available for download (remote version: 25770)
WARNING: Download failed (60) WARNING: Message: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

This means that (lib)curl couldn't local trust store against which to verify the server's certificate.

freshclam uses libcurl to download files, and the libcurl authors have for better or worse decreed that every user has to take care of pointing libcurl to the local store (instead of honouring CURL_CA_BUNDLE in the library).

On most systems this isn't a problem because the default (/etc/…) location exists. Not so on Guix: we rely entirely on CURL_CA_BUNDLE being set to the correct location in /gnu/store.

Let's see how we can patch freshclam to point libcurl in the right direction…

Kind regards,

T G-R