Re: info on move to GNU+Hurd and deprecating Linux-libre

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: info on move to GNU+Hurd and deprecating Linux-libre
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 14:40:17 -0400

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 02:01:36PM -0400, Wayne DePrince Jr. wrote:
> ahoy all,
>
>       hope that everyone is as well as can be.
>
>       i saw the new post on deprecating Linux in Guix in favor of
> GNU+Hurd and was just wondering if there is some background on the
> decision?  i had searched in the mailing list and IRC archives but have
> not found anything.

Every good joke has an element of truth, and this was an optimistic
April Fools joke.

Work on the Hurd is progressing more quickly than it has in the past,
and of course we like to use GNU software wherever we can.

I doubt that Linux support will be deprecated or removed for a long
time, if ever. It's one of the most useful free software programs :)