Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 09:22:24 +0000

Hi Pierre!

> If you are using GNOME or some high-level desktop environment, the SD
> card should be automatically mounted when you insert it.
>
> For less sophisticated desktop environments, you can starts tools like
> udisksie on login, then pendrives, SD cards and the like will be
> automatically mounted to /media/$USER/$VOLUMENAME.

I am currently using dwm+dmenu. But I have already tried the above and it
works. It is useful for general hot-swapping.

In this case, I would like to manage things with guix. And I want a specific
file-system to be mounted at a specific mount-point (home directory), upon
every boot.

>> [1] ~/repo becomes 'root protected' and stays like that.
>
> What do you mean? Does `sudo chown ...` work for you?

The directory becomes writable only by root. I am able to manually change the
permissions, but it resets on every boot.

Regards,
RG.