Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: Help with auto-mounting a specific file-system.
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 09:42:12 +0000

Hi Pierre!

> I think the best way to do this is to use Guix to set the right Udev
> rules for Udisks:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udisks

I thought I could use the same concept of mounting /home or /boot or /store
etc., from another disk. But all these are immediately after root directory "/"
and are likely to be protected. So then I should not be using this technique to
mount something under user's directory "~/".

Okay, no problem. I can just do git operations by 'cd'ing to /media/foo/bar,
which is mounted by udisks/udiskie.

Now, I am would like to modify udisks-service-type, to include an option like
`enable-udiskie? boolean` in udisks-configuration. If it is #t, udiskie will
run along with udisks service, on every start-up. Could you help me with a
scheme code to achieve this?

Btw, this is not just for me. We can patch it in guix. This will be very handy
for folks using light-weight DE or window-managers. :-)

Regards,
RG.